Saturday, May 15, 2010

goodbye love, hello friend

the truth is IT HURTS. but i know for a fact that i have to put an end to it right now. and clinging to this wrecked relationship will hurt twice as more. it fits. it's the right timing. and i know there is a life far more better ahead. i have to stop thinking of you. i have started by not caring for months now. and in effect it doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

i have been in this situation exactly a year ago. but then it was different. now, i can say i'm stronger. i have changed to be the person i am right now. it has never been the same since your first strike.

for 2 weeks now, i have sworn that i won't even get close to you. sure, i can't really eliminate you out of my life, but then i can't treat you more than that of a friend. and that's just about it.

i have you to thank for making me stronger. for making me realize that as a person, as a woman i can be complete. thank you for sharing your life. thank you for teaching me an invaluable lesson: that is, you can't love if you don't love yourself. thank you for making me realize that this life is still worth living, how hard i may fall. thank you for making me realize that my family loves me for who i am, even though i'm stubborn, stupid and even though i made the biggest mistake of my life, they have come to back me up, still. i thank you for letting me see the other side of life. the life i wasn't acquainted with when i was young. thank you the letting me experience the joys and even the pain. thank you for everything you taught me.

and with that said,
goodbye love. hello, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment